ERICA Access Instructions
Creating an ERICA Account
The ERICA system synchronizes its login information with Campus Information Services. Therefore, if you can log into CIS, you can log into ERICA.
To create the account:
- Go to the login page for ERICA.
- The login will be your UNID (remember to replace the first "0" of the number with a lower case "u".
- The password will be the same as it is for CIS.
- Once you have logged in, the system will recognize that you are logging in for the first time prompting you to fill out the "Self-Registration Page."
- Upon completion of the Self-Registration page, you will be asked to log in again. This time, it will direct you into ERICA.
Getting a University ID Number
You will need a uNID number to log into ERICA. If you don't have one, we can help you get one. Contact us at 801-581-3655 and ask for Josi Bitencourt, or send her an email requesting assistance with the uNID process.
In order to complete the request form, we need specific information from you. Be prepared to provide this information when you contact us:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (SSN)
- Home Address
- Any previously-issued University of Utah uNIDs (if applicable)
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Start/End Date
- Reason for needing a uNID
- The name of the Department giving you authorization to have a uNID
- The name of the Department you will be working in
Campus Information Services Account
Since we synchronize our passwords with Campus Information Services, you must first create a password with this site.
- At this point, your default password is going to be your birthdate in the format MMDDYY or MMDD. If the 6 digit format does not work, try the 4 digit format. As soon as you enter your password and click the Sign-in button, you should see the Change Password screen.
- Change your password. Campus Information Systems is very particular about what it will accept as a viable password. Click to see the list of criteria for setting up a new password.
- Once you have created your new password, it takes 15 minutes for the ERICA system to recognize the change. After that time, you should be able to successfully login to the ERICA system.