It is the mission of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) to protect the rights and welfare of human research participants.
News & Announcements
The University of Utah has implemented an interim rule for addressing institutional conflicts of interest, effective May 1, 2015.
The VA Consent and Authorization Templates have been updated in accordance with the November 12, 2014 version of VHA Handbook 1200.05.
We are pleased to welcome a new Coordinator to the IRB.
Researchers conducting procedures at the Salt Lake City VA need to be aware of the additional administrative forms that may be required in addition to the IRB application.
The IRB has received several requests to allow the use of external research nurses who have contracted with a study sponsor to conduct research procedures with participants in their homes.
- VP for Research
- Associate VP for Research Integrity
- Conflict of Interest
- Clinical Cancer Investigations Committee (CCIC)
- Food and Drug Administration
- National Institute of Health
- Information Security and Privacy Office
- Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP)
- Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP)
- Radiological Drug Research Committee (RDRC)
- Resource for Genetic and Epidemiological Research (RGE)
- Technology & Venture Commercialization Office (TVC)