It is the mission of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) to protect the rights and welfare of human research participants.
News & Announcements
Effective Sunday, May 24, 2015, the ERICA system has been updated.
The IRB will no longer require that the FDA Form 1572 be provided with submissions for investigational drug studies and the IRB will no longer consider new risks reported in updated IBs as possible unanticipated problems according to the IRB’s reporting policy.
The University of Utah has implemented an interim rule for addressing institutional conflicts of interest, effective May 1, 2015.
The VA Consent and Authorization Templates have been updated in accordance with the November 12, 2014 version of VHA Handbook 1200.05.
We are pleased to welcome a new Coordinator to the IRB.
- VP for Research
- Associate VP for Research Integrity
- Conflict of Interest
- Clinical Cancer Investigations Committee (CCIC)
- Food and Drug Administration
- National Institute of Health
- Information Security and Privacy Office
- Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP)
- Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP)
- Radiological Drug Research Committee (RDRC)
- Resource for Genetic and Epidemiological Research (RGE)
- Technology & Venture Commercialization Office (TVC)