It is the mission of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) to protect the rights and welfare of human research participants.
News & Announcements
The IRB has updated the guidance on Genetic Research to add information on the topic of disclosure of incidental findings.
We are pleased to announce that the University of Utah Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) was awarded full reaccreditation by AAHRPP.
Effective Sunday, May 24, 2015, the ERICA system has been updated.
The IRB will no longer require that the FDA Form 1572 be provided with submissions for investigational drug studies and the IRB will no longer consider new risks reported in updated IBs as possible unanticipated problems according to the IRB’s reporting policy.
The University of Utah has implemented an interim rule for addressing institutional conflicts of interest, effective May 1, 2015.
- VP for Research
- Associate VP for Research Integrity
- Conflict of Interest
- Food and Drug Administration
- National Institute of Health
- Information Security and Privacy Office
- Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP)
- Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP)
- Protocol Review & Monitoring Committee (HCI PRMC)
- Radiological Drug Research Committee (RDRC)
- Resource for Genetic and Epidemiological Research (RGE)
- Technology & Venture Commercialization Office (TVC)