Editing Study Personnel in ERICA
There are two methods for editing the personnel listed on a study application in ERICA:
- Submit an amendment to the application, which may be done in combination with a continuing review
- Use the Edit Personnel activity
Using the Edit Personnel Activity
The Edit Personnel activity is a mechanism for changing the study contacts, internal staff and sub-investigators, and guests without an amendment application. Changes that can be made include adding personnel, removing personnel, and indicating which internal staff and sub-investigators are responsible for obtaining informed consent.
The ERICA system automatically evaluates the profile of any person being added to ensure that appropriate human subjects training has been completed and that Conflict of Interest requirements have been met.
Because the Edit Personnel activity allows for changes to internal staff and sub-investigators, only the PI has access to use the activity.
|Role||Study Access Rights||Profile Components Verified|
|Internal Staff and Sub-Investigators||
The Edit Personnel activity cannot be used for the following:
- Changing the Principal Investigator; this can only be done via an amendment.
- Adding internal staff and sub-investigators who have potential financial conflicts of interest; adding these personnel can only be done via an amendment or continuing review.
- When a study has an amendment or continuing review application in process; changes to personnel can be made via the existing amendment or continuing review.
- When a study involves the use of the Utah Population Database; changes to personnel can only be made via an amendment or continuing review.
Instructions for the Edit Personnel Activity
- Open the study workspace.
- In the menu items on the left of the screen, click the Edit Personnel link.
- A new window will pop up. Use the Add and Remove buttons to add and remove personnel within each role section. In the Internal Staff and Sub-Investigators section, you may also select the box to indicate if a person will be responsible for obtaining consent.
- Click OK in the bottom right corner once the changes are made.
- If you receive an error message at the top of the window, the personnel listed in the error message cannot be added because profile components could not be verified. You may remove these personnel and click OK again to finish processing the other changes.
- The PI and Contacts will receive an email notification from ERICA that outlines the changes that were made.