Creating an ERICA Account Using Your Institution Login
The ERICA system synchronizes its login information with the University of Utah Campus Information Services and several external institutions. If you have a valid account with one of these
institutions, you can log into or create an ERICA account.
Verify that your institution is synced with ERICA:
- Click on the "ERICA" button on the IRB home page.
- The next page will ask you to select your login method. Under "External Institutions", use the drop-down to see if your institution is already synced with ERICA. If it is, skip down to the "To create the account" section below. If your institution is not listed, go to #3.
- To have your institution added to the list of institutions synced with ERICA, send
an email to one of the IRB Managers with the following information:
- Name and email address of the person who will need access to ERICA
- Name of the institution that needs to be added
- Name and/or IRB number of the research study the access is needed for
- Any timeline or submission schedule interests, if applicable.
- The IRB Manager will review your request, and will follow-up as needed.
To create the account:
- Go to the login page for ERICA.
- Choose the institution where you have a valid login
University of Utah Users: The login will be your UNID (remember to replace the first "0" of the number with a lower case "u". The password will be the same as it is for CIS.
External Institutions Users: Use the registered username and password from your institution. We will give you a link to the login page to your institution and they will redirect you back to ERICA when you have successfully logged in.
- Once you have logged in, the system will recognize that you are logging in for the first time prompting you to fill out the "Self-Registration Page."
- Upon completion of the Self-Registration page, you will be asked to log in again. This time, it will direct you into ERICA.
If you are having issues logging into your account, you will need to contact your specific institutions help desk. University of Utah users please contact Campus Information Services.