IRB Assurance and Registration Information
On July 14, 2009, the new Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations requiring registration of institutional review boards (IRBs) that were published in the Federal Register on January 15, 2009 (74 FR 2399 and 74 FR 2358) went into effect.
The Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) IRB registration system is compatible with the requirements of both the HHS and FDA regulations. To access the assurance and registration information for the University of Utah IRB, please visit the OHRP Database for Registered IORGs & IRBs, Approved FWAs and enter the University Assurance number.
The University of Utah IRB Registration
|Assurance||FWA00003745 - U Utah|
|IORG||IORG0000072 - U of Utah|
|Panel 1 ID:||IRB00000104 - U of Utah IRB #1|
|Panel 2 ID:||IRB00000105 - U of Utah IRB #2|
|Panel 3 ID:||IRB00000106 - U of Utah IRB #3|
|Panel 4 ID:||IRB00000107 - U of Utah IRB #4|
|Panel 5 ID:||IRB00006644 - U of Utah IRB #5|
|Panel 6 ID:||IRB00007857 - U of Utah IRB #6|
|Panel 7 ID:||IRB00008865 - U of Utah IRB #7|
Statements of Regulatory Adherence
- Signed statement of adherence to federal regulations and ICH-GCP [PDF]
- Statement of adherence to Good Clinical Practices - ICH E6
- Signed statement regarding the IRB's FDA inspection history [PDF]
- Signed memorandum regarding the ERICA System Electronic Signature policy [PDF]
Affiliated Institutions with a Current Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Biofire Diagnostics (formerly Idaho Technology)
- Intermountain Health Care
- Shriners Children's Hospital - Intermountain
- VA Salt Lake City Health Care System
Please note: Associated Regional & University Pathologists (ARUP), Eccles Institute of Human Genetics, Huntsman Cancer Institute, Moran Eye Center, and all other centers and clinics managed by University Health Care and all main campus departments are considered affiliated with the University of Utah and do not require a separate MOU.