Submission & Review Schedules
The IRB typically convenes at least once per week. All panels have representation from both Main Campus and Health Sciences. See the Panel Rosters page for details about the panels.
Each convened meeting agenda includes a mix of New Study applications, Amendment applications, Report Forms, and Continuing Review applications.
Agendas are assigned based on date of expiration (for Continuing Review applications), expertise available on the panel, number of attending board members, or based on the order in which completed applications are correctly submitted to the IRB. Any dates included in revision letters or on the IRB website are estimates only. Please note that we are unable to guarantee that your submission will be reviewed at a particular meeting.
How does the IRB Staff determine if a study is ready for board review?
- After the IRB Staff completes a pre-review of the application, they will verify that
all of the following items have been completed before they assign the study for review:
- All pre-board revisions are completed; and
- All applicable documents are attached; and
- The application is completed completely and correctly; and
- Ancillary approvals (HCI PRMC, RDRC, RGE, etc.) have been received or are in process.
- Applications will generally be assigned to a meeting date based on date of expiration, expertise available on the panel, or based on the order in which completed applications are correctly submitted to the IRB. Any dates included in your revisions letter or on the IRB website are estimates only.
Estimated Review Timelines
|Pre-Review||Board Review||Final Processing||Total Time|
|New Study Applications||Up to 2 weeks||2-4 weeks*||1 week**||4-7 weeks|
|Continuing Review Applications||Up to 2 weeks||1 week*||1 week**||4 weeks|
|Amendment Applications||Up to 2 weeks||1 week*||1 week**||4 weeks|
*Reviews will take longer if the application is tabled at the board level or if revisions
**Final Processing will take longer if there are post-board revisions.